Sector & Segment Group Limited (“Sector & Segment”, “Sector & Segment Group”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) of 31 Southampton Row, London WC1B 5HJ takes visitor and user privacy very seriously.
Information that Sector & Segment collects and how it collects it
We may collect and store certain data about you (“your information”) when:
- you submit information online via our Site (http://www.sectorandsegment.com) or send us any correspondence;
- you request information from Sector & Segment or ask us to contact you;
- you submit information to us in connection with an employment application;
- you fill out a subscription form or consulting expertise inquiry;
- you opt-in to receive emails from us, or you agree to participate in surveys; and
- you disclose information publicly in any chat rooms, message boards, or similar web pages on the Site.
When you access our Site, we collect and store certain information, such as the domain name and host from which you access the Internet, your type of browser and operating system of your computer, the IP address of your computer, the pages accessed or visited on the site, the Internet address of the site from which you directly linked to Sector & Segment’s Site, as well as your browser’s country setting. Additionally, we will collect and store information you provide to use voluntarily (such as your name, e-mail address, title, occupation, company or university affiliation, industry, region, relationship to Sector & Segment, reason for contacting Sector & Segment and any message you submit to us, etc.).
How Sector & Segment uses this Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that our Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, Site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of our Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided that you agree); and to create reports to assist with future marketing.
If you elect to submit an employment application to us online through our Site, all of the information you submit may be used for any and all purposes ordinarily associated with processing an employment application, as well as to send you details of promotional events.
We may collect the e-mail addresses of those who send us e-mail messages; however, we will not send unsolicited e-mail to any of the addresses we collect or share those addresses with any unaffiliated third party.
Sector & Segment is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any non-Sector & Segment web sites to which we link from this Site.
This Site is not directed at children 16 years of age or younger. Sector & Segment, therefore, will not intentionally collect information about any user under the age of 16.
Provided that you agree, we may use your information to provide you with marketing information that you request or that we feel may interest you by post and email.
Sharing your Information
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
(1) comply with legal requirements,
(2) protect and defend our rights or property or those of our users or
(3) protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share your information with other organisations:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we have to enforce or apply our terms set out in our Legal Notice, or any other agreements or terms and conditions.
How Sector & Segment keeps your information secure
Sector & Segment has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. All your information is stored on our secure servers and we will protect your information in line with legal requirements.
Despite these precautions, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site or that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your personally identifiable information.
Our Site may from time to time contain links to other websites. Please check the privacy policies on those sites before you submit your information to those sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or their privacy policies.
You should keep in mind that whenever you publicly disclose information about yourself online — for example, via message boards or chat rooms — that information could be collected and used by people whom you do not know. In addition, certain message boards and similar user forums may display IP addresses along with the message poster’s name and message. Sector & Segment bears no responsibility for any action or policies of any third parties who collect any information users may disclose on the message boards, chat areas or other user forums, if any, on the Site.
You have the right to access your information and should direct any request for your information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sector & Segment would like to keep your personal information accurate. You have the right to correct or change personally identifiable information you have provided to Sector & Segment by contacting us at email@example.com
You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. You can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to unsubscribe from participating in our programs at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to Contact Sector & Segment
* * * * * * *